Accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
The WSQ Higher Certificate Infant Care (WSQ HCIC) is a required professional qualification for an educarer working with children aged 2 to 18 months. The course is designed to prepare early years’ educarers with the knowledge and skills in caregiving, provision of appropriate learning experiences and stimulating environment in the care of infants and toddlers.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Acquire strong understanding of theories and practices in child development
- Implement theories into practice
- Plan and execute intentional as well as developmentally and culturally appropriate programmes and activities for young children (2 to 18 months)
- Facilitate effective development and learning among children of various age groups
- Collaborate with key stakeholders towards the holistic and comprehensive development of young children
- Develop a commitment towards professional development and personal growth
Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- For applicants with local Singapore academic qualifications, the applicant must have completed at least Secondary Two (2) education.
- For applicants with non-local Singapore academic qualifications, the applicant must have completed at least eight (8) years of formal education.
- Average SOA 4 in the WPL Series
HEALTH CLEARANCE Requirement: Please refer to the following link under childcare link for health clearance requirement: http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/uploads/CCC_Guide.pdf
The course comprises of 7 modules conducted over 8 months on a part-time basis or 4 months on a full-time basis. Students are required to complete 180 classroom hours and 120 practicum hours.
Students must pass all prescribed modules and practicum and fulfil all requirements for graduation. Please refer to Student Handbook for more details.
Students who successfully complete all modules will be awarded the “WSQ Higher Certificate in Infant Care” by Skillsfuture Singapore Agency.
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects and role-play.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Overview and Introduction to Early Years Landscape in Singapore (WSQ Adopt the Early Years Development Framework )||16|
|Principles of Infant & Toddler Development||20|
|Environmental Design for Infant/Toddler Programmes||30|
|Infant/ Toddler Curriculum||50|
|Partnership with Families||29|
|Health, Safety and Well-being||35|
Please click here for module synopsis.