Accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years (ACEY) is a required professional qualification for an educarer working with children aged 2 months to 3 years.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Learn an overview of the history and theories behind early childhood care and education
- Understand various domains and stages of development for children from birth to 3 years as these must be portrayed in the context of work experience of educarers to help them reflect, assess and improve their current practices.
- Have a more in-depth understanding of the guiding principles, outcomes and sub-outcomes of the Early Years Development Framework (EYDF).
- Apply and implement the suggested practices stated in the EYDF in their work with young children and families.
- Equip with necessary skills and practical knowledge to plan and implement programmes, curriculum and environments for the following age groups:
- Infants (2 to 18 months)
- Toddlers (Above 18 to 30 months)
- Nursery children (Above 30 to 36 months)
- Equip with the skills to engage in reflective practice
- Equip with relevant skills to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and families, as well as key stakeholders in the community to support children’s care, learning and development
- For applicants with local Singapore academic qualifications, applicant must have completed at least Secondary Four (4) education.
- For applicants with non-local Singapore academic qualifications, applicant must have completed at least 10 years of formal education.
- Attained an average SOA 5 in the WPL series, including an SOA 5 for WPL (Writing)
Note: This only applies to applicants who do not possess a credit in GCE ‘O’ level EL1 or acceptable alternatives.
HEALTH CLEARANCE Requirement: Please refer to the following link under childcare link for health clearance requirement: http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/uploads/CCC_Guide.pdf
The course comprises of 8 modules conducted over 16 months (part-time) or 8 months (full-time). Students are required to complete 400 training hours and 200 practicum hours.
Students must pass all prescribed modules and practicum.
Students who successfully complete all modules will be awarded the “WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years” by Skillsfuture Singapore Agency.
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects and role-play.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name / Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Overview and Introduction to Early Years Landscape in Singapore (WSQ Adopt the Early Years Development Framework )||16|
|Principles and Practices in Early Years Care, Development and Learning||90|
|Programme Planning and Pedagogy||120|
|The Early Years Environment||48|
|Personal Growth and Professional Development||40|
|Partnership with Families and the Community||51|
|Health, Safety and Well-being||35|
Please click here for module synopsis.