This Competency Unit enables the learner to acquire skills and knowledge to support children/students with special needs effectively in a setting within early childhood education centres, primary schools, student care centres and disability service centres.
‘N’ Level or equivalent
Students who successfully complete this competency unit and met a minimum 75% attendance will be awarded WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Agency Singapore.
The unit will be taught using a combination of lecture presentation, visual media and group discussions.
Assessments methods includes role-play, designing fact sheet, in-class assessment and journal.
- Introduction to supporting children/ students with special needs
- Understanding characteristics of special needs
- Providing physical care to children/ students with special needs
- Supporting emotional needs of children / students
- Establish learning environment that support children’s/students’ development and needs
- Working collaboratively with families