Specialist Diploma is specially designed to equip preschool professionals with the skills necessary management and administration skills to operate early childhood centres. This programme will provide knowledge relating to early childhood research and development, programme management, resources management and leadership for an organised and effective preschool.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Raise awareness of issues pertaining to curriculum implementation and current research in early childhood and education
- Be equipped with the skills to appraise teachers and provide mentor fellow-teachers
- Acquire management and supervision skills that promote teamwork among staff and collaboration with parents
- Be equipped with the administrative and management skills necessary for the efficient operation of early childhood centres
- Polytechnic Diploma holders; or WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent
- A credit in GCE ‘O’ Levels English Language; IELTS 5.0; or at least average SOA 5 in the WPL series
The course comprises of 4 modules conducted over 4.5 months of a part-time study or 3 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 180 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College.
*This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Current Issues and Research in Early Childhood Education|
|Designing the Early Childhood Education Curriculum|
|Understanding and Implementing Action Research in Early Childhood Education|
|Leadership, Management & Administration in Early Childhood Education Settings|
Please click here for module synopsis.