The International Diploma in Early Childhood Education is a comprehensive course of studies, which integrates principles in early childhood and child development theories into practice, and prepares students for the early childhood industry or related fields.
Students will be provided with various learning approaches with insights on partnership and communication skills in their work with children and families.
As part of lifelong learning, students will also be embarking on professional mastery and continual professional development to become an early childhood professional.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Help put education principles and child development theories into practices
- Recognise the importance of including Parents and the Community in the care and education of young children
- Recognise the importance of safety, health, hygiene and nutrition aspects in the care and education of young children
- Understand the professional value and ethics of a preschool teacher
- Be a reflective early childhood practitioner
- Understand the importance of teamwork and collaboration at work place.
- Engage in continual professional development to become an early childhood professionals
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits including English Language.
- A credit in GCE ‘O’ Level English Language; IELTS 5.0; or at least average SOA 5 in the WPL series
The course comprises of 7 modules conducted over 16 months of a part-time study or 9 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 450 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “International Diploma in Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College.
*This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Principles of Early Childhood and Centre Visioning and Planning|
|Understanding How Children Learn and Develop|
|Professional Mastery, Value and Professional Ethics|
|Teamwork and Collaboration at Workplace|
|Health, Safety and Nutrition|
|Partnership with Families|
Please click here for module synopsis.
Course fee: $4,550.00
-Application Fee: $200.00 (payable to all courses and non-refundable)
-FPS Admin Fee: $200.00
*All fees are subjected to 7% GST.