The International Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education is an advanced course of studies, which provides students with the various curriculum framework for early years, which aim to facilitate students to plan appropriately suitable integrated programmes for young children.
Students will be provided with knowledge to apply appropriate and suitable learning environment to meet the needs of young children. The course will also introduce various strategies to observe, document and assess child learning.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Provide students with ability to observe, document and assess children learning and development.
- Apply knowledge to design appropriate learning environment meeting the needs of each individual child
- Use variety of approaches and strategies to facilitate developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children
- Plan an integrated programme to meet the needs of young children.
- AIC International Diploma in Early Childhood Education; or other Early Childhood Education related Diploma or Professional Diploma or its equivalent.
- A credit in GCE ‘O’ Level English Language; IELTS 5.0; or at least average SOA 5 in the WPL series.
*Candidates with WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Years (WSQ ACEY) or its equivalent will be given advanced standing/exemption on a case-by-case basis, subject to approval by Asian International College.
The course comprises of 7 modules conducted over 16 months of a part-time study or 9 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 450 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “International Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College.
*This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Inculcating Early Years Curriculum|
|Planning an Integrated Programme|
|Classroom Management, Observation and Documentation of Children’s Learning|
|Designing Learning Environment for Young Children|
|Positive Interaction and Effective Communication with Children|
|Guiding Self and Social Development in Children|
|Practicum for Preschool Teachers (Optional)|
Please click here for module synopsis.
Course fee: $5,550.00
-Application Fee: $200.00 (payable to all courses and non-refundable)
-FPS Admin Fee: $200.00
*All fees are subjected to 7% GST.