The Diploma in Montessori Early Childhood Education is designed for students who wish to work with or teach children from 2.5 to 6 years of age.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Obtain knowledge on the principles and practices in early childhood care and education,
- Have an understanding of current theories relating to child, development including the Montessori Principle and Philosophy,
- Understand children’s interactions with the environment,
- Appreciate and understand the teaching aids developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- To create a learning environment incorporating Montessori that is sensitive to children in the 2.5 – 6 age range
- Ensure a safe and healthy living environment for children
- Understand the role of a Montessori directress/director.
- Have knowledge and plan the curriculum for Language, literacy and numeracy.
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level credits or WSQ Early Childhood Education related Advanced Certificate or its equivalent, including at least C6 in GCE ‘O’ Levels EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives.
The course comprises of 7 modules conducted over 16 months of a part-time study or 8 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 450 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “Diploma in Montessori Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College.
*This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Principles and Practices in Early Childhood Education|
|Child Development & Learning|
|Safety, Health, Hygiene & Nutrition|
|Partnership with Families & the Community|
Please click here for module synopsis.