The Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education is designed to equip students with the necessary theories, knowledge and skills for working with young children in the preschool field.
Students will be provided with basic understanding of child growth and development, including creativity, the use of play as a tool to learn, how to plan and design creatively to provide stimulating environment. Topics relating to safe and healthy practices, effective communication skills and strategies for working with parents, peers and the community are also covered.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Incorporate education theories and child development theories into practices
- Process the skills for observation and application of knowledge of child development
- Have knowledge on a variety of approaches and strategies to creative a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children
- Be capable to engage in interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with fellow colleagues, parents and other professionals in the community
- Design, implement and evaluate activities and learning environments that are appropriate to young children’s developmental needs and learning
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits including at least C6 in GCE ‘O’ Levels EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives
The course comprises of 6 modules conducted over 20 months of a part-time study or 10 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 560 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College.
*This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning.
Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name||Duration (Hours)|
|Principles & Practices in Early Childhood & Education|
|Child Development and Learning|
|Curriculum Studies and Pedagogy|
|Personal Growth and Professional Development|
|Safety, Health, Nutrition and Hygiene|
|Partnership with Families and The Community|
Please click here for module synopsis.