The International Certificate in Education – Preschool Teaching (ICEPT) (E-learning) is designed for the 21st century learner. It is offered completely online, and you interact with classmates and course facilitators using the same digital devices you routinely use in your personal life. The way you learn and complete assessments is engaging and highly interactive, and you are encouraged to come up with creative solutions to problems using various multimedia apps and the other technologies at your fingertips. Key theories and effective practice in early childhood care and education (ECCE) are discussed using a scenario based approach, applying internationally accepted standards, to simulate what will likely happen in reality.
The modules draw on preschool practice, consultancy and research internationally, and provide a solid understanding of the different functional areas of preschool teaching. The programme is tailor-made for aspiring preschool educators looking to launch their careers particularly in an international school setting. It is Windows and Mac OS friendly, and can be accessed using any browser. A reliable Internet connection is required; i.e. there should be minimal buffering when you access YouTube.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Early Childhood Education and Child Development
- Acquire practical knowledge and skills to facilitate lesson planning
- Provide a safe and conducive learning environment that provides for interactive and developmentally appropriate experiences
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of teachers to collaborate with fellow colleagues, parents and other professionals in supporting children’s cognitive and affective development
All modules offered at Asian International College (AIC) will contribute to the development of these attributes: critical thinking, problem solving, research and academic written skills.
This course is suitable for students who wish to work in a preschool environment and progress to management level.
Candidates for admission should possess 10 years of formal education in English or equivalent.
Assessments will be based on student’s performance in assignments in the form of online discussions, journals / essay postings and/or ‘open-book web-based’ tests.
This course can be completed in 3 months on a full-time basis.
- Students will be notified on their results and collection of transcripts within 3 months from the last assessment
- The certificates will be available for students' collection upon release of their successful course results