This course aims to cater to all foreign students who have little or no exposure to the English Language. Our interactive and stimulating style of teaching ensures that the students can successfully and confidently use English as a means of communication for their personal or professional development.
At the end of the course, student will learn:
- Gerunds, Future, Future Continuous, Future Perfect Tenses, Tag Questions
- Reported Speech
- Inference in reading. Topic sentences, discourse markers
- Intensive listening tasks
- Acquire a vocabulary of about 5,000 words and be able to exploit his/her higher literacy level for a variety of communicative purpose academic as well as social
- To write the following expository, narratives and descriptive writing, comparisons, processes, letters and reports
- All students must be at least 14 years of age
- Certificate in English Language – Elementary / equivalent such as completed Secondary 1 English Language and determined through placement test
- Communication exchanges
- Writing exercise
There are altogether 3 levels. Each level integrates listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for effective communication.
Students will be assessed based on written exams, assignments and/or projects.
3 months on a full-time basis
Requirement for Graduation
Students are required to complete of all tests and coursework, as well as achieve a minimum pass overall for the course.
Upon successfully completion of the course and sit for AIC Level English Proficiency Test, students will receive a Certificate in English Language-Intermediate awarded by Asian International College.
Course Fees and Funding
Please click here for the course fee details.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.