This course aims to cater to all foreign students who have little or no exposure to the English Language. Our interactive and stimulating style of teaching ensures that the students can successfully and confidently use English as a means of communication for their personal or professional development.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense, Conditionals, Prepositional phrases, Listening tasks for eliciting specific information and transferring information
- Reading skills for newspaper, skimming, scanning, inferring and poetry appreciation
- Role-play and discussion
- Writing skills for note taking, cohesive devices in summarizing, formal and informal letters
- Acquire a vocabulary of about 3,500 words and be able to write descriptions, narratives, instructions, processes and formal letters and hold fluent discussions in English
- All students must be at least 14 years of age and
- Certificate in English Language – Intermediate / equivalent such as completed Secondary 1 English Language and determined through placement test
- Varied presentation methodology
- Mixture of fictional and factual topics
- Systematic vocabulary learning
- Regular pronunciation and spelling work
There are altogether 3 levels. Each level integrates listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for effective communication.
Students will be assessed based on written exams, assignments and/or projects.
3 months on a full-time basis
Requirement for Graduation
Students are required to complete of all tests and coursework, as well as achieve a minimum pass overall for the course.
Upon successfully completion of the course and sit for AIC Level English Proficiency Test, students will receive a Certificate in English Language-Advanced awarded by Asian International College.
Course Fees and Funding
Please click here for the course fee details.
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.