Register InterestWSQ Personal Growth and Professional Development: The Reflective Practitioner
This module aims to provide good understanding to learners the professional code of ethics as a pre-school teachers. This module also assists learners to learn to identify one’s own professional learning needs, demonstrate commitment and participate in continuing professional development through engaging in current research, key trends and various modes of professional practice. It also includes the ability to engage in reflective practice and open and honest communication with colleagues to seek feedback on professional practice. This module also aims to assist learners to gain understanding the childcare centre’s vision, mission and values in relation to the centre’s initiatives and programmes and contribute ideas and work with various stakeholders for the successful implementation of such initiatives and programmes.
This course is available in English and Mandarin language.
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UN-CRC)
- Understand the Code of Ethics – Guidelines for professional responsibilities in early childhood care and education, responsibilities and code of conduct for teachers
- Practice self-awareness and reflection, communication skills such as effective communication with peers and public, presentation skills, IT as a communication tool, and speech training
- Perform collaboration and partnership such as working with other peers, team-building, accessing and networking with the community for resources;
- Appreciate Arts, including children’s literature and creative and thinking skills
- Plan for continuing professional development
- Minimum age of 17 years old
- Academic Level: At least 1 GCE ‘O’ Level pass or its equivalent
- Language Proficiency: English or Chinese ‘O’ level pass or its equivalent
SSG Course Reference Number-TGS-2018503469
|Competency Standard code||Competency Standard|
|1||ECC-BOC-3005-1.1||Collaborate with Colleagues to Foster Positive Workplace Relations (Beginning Preschool Teacher)|
|2||ECC-BPC-3004-1.1||Demonstrate Ethical Behaviour and Professionalism (Beginning Pre-school Teacher)|
|3||ECC-BOC-3005-1.1||Engage in Centre Initiatives and Programmes|
|4||ECC-BPC-3003-1.1||Engage in Continuous Learning and Reflective Practice (Beginning Preschool Teacher)|
|Total hours: 100|
Course fees are subjected to changes without prior notice. For a full schedule of the miscellaneous fees, please click here.