This module aims to assist learners to have an understanding and the ability to establish positive home-centre partnerships by encouraging families to play an active role in supporting and shaping the development of their children. It also includes regular interaction with families, demonstrating respect towards families’ values and belief systems, and being aware of emotional responses and reflecting on own practices.
This course is available in English and Mandarin language.
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate respect and understanding towards diverse family values and belief systems
- Understanding issues and problems faced by families in a multicultural society
- Strategies for working with families and engaging parents in early childhood care and education
- understand the importance and availability of community initiatives and resources that can benefit children and families
- Understand and able to apply a range of communication techniques and strategies for establishing home-centre-community partnerships
- Minimum age of 17 years old
- Academic Level: At least 1 GCE ‘O’ Level pass or its equivalent
- Language Proficiency: English or Chinese ‘O’ level pass or its equivalent
SSG Course Reference Number-TGS-2018503464
|Competency Standard code
|Engage in Collaborative Projects with Community Stakeholders (Beginning Pre-school Teacher)
|Establish Home-Centre Partnerships (Beginning Pre-school Teacher)
|Total hours: 60