The Advanced Diploma in Montessori Early Childhood Education is designed for students who wish to work with or teach children from 2.5 to 6 years of age.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Have a deep foundation and understanding of the development stages of a child in the 2.5 to 6 age range according to Dr Maria Montessori’s principle
- Enable students acquire knowledge in the use and understanding principles of the Montessori materials appropriate to the 2.5 – 6 age group
- Utilise, design and adapt teaching aids and materials to fulfil curriculum planning and needs
- Develop learning environment that will enhance holistic development of young children in a Montessori setup,
- Be able to design and implement Montessori lesson plans for children in accordance to the Montessori curriculum guideline,
- Demonstrate their understanding of the teacher’s role, knowledge and skills of the teaching/learning processes and their implications for practice.
- Engage in professional growth and development.
- Early Childhood Education related Diploma or Professional Diploma or its equivalent, including at least C6 in GCE ‘O’ Levels EL1 or English Language Acceptable Alternatives.
The course comprises of 6 core and 1 elective modules conducted over 16 months of a part-time study or 8 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 450 hours of study.
Students must pass all prescribed modules. Upon successful completion of the course, an “Advanced Diploma in Montessori Early Childhood Education” will be awarded by Asian International College. *This is not an Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) accredited programme for registration as pre-school teachers
The course is delivered through a variety of engaging, interactive and hands-on modes, which include face-to-face sessions, small group discussions, projects, role-play, blended or e-learning. Students will be assessed through various modes such as in-class test, individual/group work or written assignments.
|Module Name/Topic Name|
|Philosophy & Culture of Montessori|
|Designing Learning Environment for Young Children|
|Curriculum Planning & Pedagogy|
|Professional Growth and Development (Option)|
|Literacy & Numeracy (Option)|
Please click here for module synopsis.